Friday, January 8, 2016

Personal Introduction

          I have always been immersed in the aviation culture through my father. My father is a corporate pilot and when I was younger I always enjoyed visiting him and checking out the hanger. However, when I began my college career I went in with an open mind. I was not sure as to what I wished to do. After my first year at college I knew I should follow in my dad's footsteps and become a pilot. I then began my flight training at the start of my second year of college.
           Currently I am a senior majoring in Aviation Flight Technology. I will be graduating after the conclusion of this semester in April. Following graduation I will be accepting my commission in the United State Marine Corps. After my commission I will be at The Basic School for 6 months followed by flight school in Pensacola Florida. I plan to fly fighter jets for the conclusion of my contract. Upon the completion of my contract I would like to secure a job at FedEx and retire there.
           For Career Development I would appreciate hearing from someone in the survival flight portion of the aviation industry. You currently have the University of Michigan Survival Flight on the syllabus for March 30th. This is an area that I am not that familiar with. However, It has always been of interest to me. I would like to further my understanding of how they operate and where they typically get their pilots. The aviation topics that I wish for this class to cover are the current and future status of UAVs in the aviation industry, and also how the current shortage in pilots will impact the overall aviation industry in things such as hiring requirements and training regulations.

No comments:

Post a Comment